Catholic Worship Site Inventory (CWSI)
CARA has been asked by the USCCB's Secretariat for Cultural Diversity in the Church to survey all Catholic worship sites in the United States, from cathedrals to parishes to chapels. Specifically this study is being conducted with the Subcommittee on the Pastoral Care of Migrants, Refugees and Travelers.
The pastoral concern on migrants, refugees and travelers stems from the Church’s realization that they often need special pastoral care and outreach (Erga Migrantes Caritas Christi 2004). The goal of this study is to better understand the pastoral needs related to these marginalized populations. The survey considers information related to ministries with immigrants, refugees, victims of human trafficking, unaccompanied minors, migrant farmworkers, long-haul truck drivers, seafarers, aviation communities, traveling show people from the circus, carnivals, race tracks and rodeos, and other people on the move. We need to hear from all Catholic worship sites in the country--even those where none of these communities may currently be present. Every Catholic worship site’s input will be greatly valuable for the study.
Please use the links below to find your worship site and answer the brief series of questions on the survey. Begin by selecting the USCCB region of your site. If you have any trouble navigating to your Catholic Worship Site Inventory survey please contact Dr. Mark M. Gray at 202-687-0885 or email@example.com
We understand that recent parish reorganizations may have affected the sites listed in our database. Feel free to correct these on your site's survey in a manner that best describes your site. If your site is not listed please use the "New Worship Site Entry" option below.
- Northeast (USCCB Regions I-III: CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, VT, NY, NJ, PA)
- South (USCCB Regions IV-V, XIV: DC, DE, MD, VA, WV, AL, KY, LA, MS, TN, FL, GA, NC, SC)
- Midwest (USCCB Regions VI-VII: OH, MI, IL, IN, WI)
- Central (USCCB Regions VIII-X: IA, KS, NE, MO, MN, ND, SD, AR, OK, TX)
- West (USCCB Regions XI-XIII: CA, HI, NV, AK, ID, MT, OR, WA, AZ, CO, NM, UT, WY)
- Non-regional Sites: Eastern Rite, Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of Saint Peter, Military Services
- New Worship Site Entry (i.e., for sites not listed in the links above)
You can also respond by paper. Download this Adobe pdf: CWSI. This can be printed and filled out by hand and either be mailed, faxed, or scanned and emailed to us. CARA's address is 2300 Wisconsin Ave., NW, Suite 400A, Washington, DC 20007. Our fax number is 202-687-8083. My email is provided above.